Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jaguar


Jaguar

My favorite shot from the Greenville Scottish Games is this one of the head-ornament of a classic Jaguar roadster. I love how the light plays on the curves of the hood and how it reflects off of the ornament and grill. Like the MG Dreams photograph, I used the Sigma 10-20mm ultrawide lens. I did crop it down slightly to minimize the sun's reflection in the lower left corner. I also desaturated all of the colors except for red, orange and yellow. This removed the green and blue reflections from the hood, but kept the colors from the badge on the grill. I also like how there is just a slight bit of color from the badge reflected in the ornament.

Sometimes the best way to present the essence of something it to isolate at distinctive portion of it. My wider shots of this car did not have anywhere near the same impact as this photograph does.

Keep shooting.

No comments: