Friday, October 9, 2009

Playing Around

West End Moon

The weather cleared up and gave me a chance to get back to Falls Park in Greenville. I'm trying to figure out how to get a really good shot of the Liberty Bridge at the park. I tried to get up early enough to get the good morning light. However, I mis-judged the sunrise and travel timing and thus missed the good light. It was still a successful trip though as it gave me a better idea of how the light hits the bridge. I am thinking that it might be best to photograph it in late afternoon for the particular angles I want. The light angle in the morning had the sun in the worst place for the bridge for me.

The shot above is my favorite from the day. It is looking back up to one of the old buildings in the historic West End section of Greenville. I was in Falls Park just below the Falls Cottage for those of you familiar with the area. All processing was done in Lightroom 2 including the black and white conversion. I darkened the sky to bring out the Moon. I also tweaked some of the other color channels to give a faux-IR look to some of the vegetation. Otherwise all of the vegetation looked the same with very little contrast between them.

Keep shooting

No comments: