Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Twilight Symmetry

Twilight at Patriot's Point

This weekend my son's Cub Scout troop camped on the U.S.S. Yorktown memorial at Patriot's Point in Charleston, South Carolina. One of the things I wanted to do was to try to get some sunset and sunrise photographs from the flight deck. However, the flight deck is closed at night for safety reasons since it isn't lit and the airplanes are tied down. They don't want anyone tripping over the cables or falling overboard. However, we could still get out on the pier leading to the Yorktown which is where I took this photograph.

I particularly liked the colors in the sky and the lights outlining the Yorktown and the Ravenell Bridge. Plus, I enjoy photographing reflections which I thought added a nice symmetry to this image. I didn't have my tripod with me, so I braced the camera against the concrete floor of the pier.

Keep shooting.


No comments: