Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bridge!

Arthur Ravenell Bridge

The Arthur Ravenell Bridge replaced the older truss-work bridges that crossed the river in Charleston. There are port facilities on both sides of the bridge and the old one wasn't tall enough for the newer container ships. Plus, it was deteriorating and becoming unsafe. Charleston's harbor is a vital part of South Carolina's economy. The BMW vehicles made near my home town are shipped out via the ports in Charleston to the rest of the world. Charleston also has a lot of history associated with it and is a center for arts as well.

I like the lines and shapes in this new bridge. It is much more modern looking and is quite pretty when lit at night. Being safe is a big bonus as well.

I am continuing my education on Adobe Bridge. Good program so far. I can see how it will help my organization and workflow.

Keep shooting.

No comments: