Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2008 USA Cycling Pro Championship Photos

The Rabbit

We had another fun day watching the USA Cycling Pro Road Race Championship in Greenville this year. It was hotter than last year and we didn't get the wind that the weatherman promised. However, we did stay through the entire race this year.

I tried a couple of different things photographically this year. Mainly I used the 70-300mm VR to zoom in and get closer to the riders than I could last year. However, I also tried some motion blurs and extreme panning. I like the effects that I got with those techniques, but they could have been better too. I also noticed that I tended to aim a bit too high this year. I generally crouched down to get a better angle, so I might have over compensated a little too much. However, I was also trying to keep the road out of the the frame as it was reflecting awful hightlights in the harsh afternoon sun.

Anyway, there are a couple more photographs after the jump and the full gallery is here.


Zip! Goes the Peleton

Group Turn

Pushing It!

Keep shooting.

No comments: