Thursday, September 11, 2008

Spartanburg Bloggers

Spark Bloggers

Last night I went to a meet-and-greet for local area bloggers. It was organized by Steve Shanafelt at Spartanburg Spark, a local news/community site that has just started up. He has also started up a compilation blog of Spartanburg area bloggers called Sparkle City Blogs.

Only four of us showed up, but this was the first one so hopefully there will be more bloggers at future meet-ups. Checkout the post over at Sparkle City Blogs for the low-down on the evening. I had a good time and met some nice bloggers. I hope to see them and maybe work with them again in some way.

Of course I took some photographs while I was there. Portraits are not my strongest suit and we were in a very "atmospheric" coffee shop; i.e. it was dark. Still I think the photographs came out alright. Flash, high ISO and a touch of noise reduction seemed to do the trick. I'll get better at it as I photograph more events like this. More photographs after the jump.


Steve

Myles

Lydia

Kenny, Interlude's Owner/Manager

Interlude Lamp

Alright, so there's a lamp in the set too. You know how I like architectural details.


No comments: