Friday, August 29, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Stop!

This weekend is a long, holiday weekend for most of us in the US. People will be grilling out with friends, going to sporting events (college football starts this weekend), walking on the beach and generally enjoying the last holiday of the summer. All to celebrate the American worker ... yeah, I don't quite get it either, but it is a holiday. More after the jump.


We plan to go into Greenville on Sunday to watch the 2008 USA Pro Cycling Championship road race. This is will be the last day of a two day event. The time trial is on Saturday, while the road race is on Sunday. The course is laid out so that the riders will pass through parts of downtown Greenville ten times. Thus there will be many chances to see the riders. We went last year and had a good time. The course will be passing by the same location that we were at last year. Which is great because it is a public park with playground areas to keep my son occupied when the riders aren't in view. We are planning ahead this time so that we can stay to see the entire race this year. Last year we saw about half of it. I do hope that the weather is as nice as it was last year. It should be a good opportunity to practice various shutter techniques like freezing the action, panning, capturing motion blur, etc. I'm really looking forward to it. The photograph above was one of my favorite shots from the race last year.

I hope that you have a good weekend, holiday or otherwise, and that your camera is kind to you.

Keep shooting.

2 comments:

John Brainard said...

This is a couple days late, but I hope your weekend is going well too! Our is. I finally took my family down to Dorchester Park on Whitney Point Reservoir. I was able to get some good pictures of the girls and the sunset. Of course, our new dog too. You can see the dog and sunset on my blog. You can see the girls if you log into Flickr and check my photo stream... I added you as a friend.

And the great weekend part... I got my flash! :)

Craig Lee said...

Congratulations on getting the flash. They really do increase the versatility of your kit.

We had a good weekend. The race was fun. The weather was hot and humid. I just finished the Zenfolio gallery of my picks from the race. There should be a post for it up in a bit.