Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden

Yellow Flower

This past weekend I went to a small photography show near Gastonia, North Carolina. It was held at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. The show it self was called "Picture Perfect" and had a program of speakers as well as a small vendor exhibit.

More after the jump.

I also got to spend a couple of hours walking around the gardens and in particular their Conservatory. Currently, they have a nice collection of orchids in the Conservatory. I'm certain that the gardens are quite beautiful when Spring is in full bloom.

The Gardens also has a series of photography workshops / classes in association with a Charlotte, North Carolina professional photographer. I've signed up for the two classes that are being held this next Saturday. So I hope you like seeing photographs from here as there were be quite a few more over the next week or two.

I don't know what the flower in this photograph is called. Someone told me it was a "Shrimp Plant/Flower", but I don't know conclusively. I just thought it was pretty and would make a good subject.

Keep shooting.

No comments: