Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photowalk Wrap-up

Tower

The photowalk this past Saturday was fun. Michael from the Photography Guild was there plus a few others that I recognized from our meetings. Of course there were new people to meet as well. Ken Toney was the walk's leader. I hope to be able to go out on more photography trips with some of the people I met.

The weather was hot and humid with a bit of the typical haze we have this time of year. Sunscreen, hats and lots of water were the order of the day.

We all kind of broke up in to separate, smaller groups and went in different directions. I saw that most people made it from Spartan Photo Center where we started to Main street. There was a mix-up at the place we were supposed to meet back up together, so we all met back at the store.

The photograph above is Spartanburg's only downtown "highrise" tower. Downtown is on a large hill and this building can be seen from miles around if you're in the right places.

Scott Kelby posted group photographs from a lot of the participating cities around the world on his blog. Our group is there in the post. Follow this link to the post and scroll down to the "S" cities and we are the Spartanburg, SC group. I'm not saying which one I am in the photo though. ;-)

I hope to do this again next year. Maybe it will be earlier in the morning or towards the evening when it is not so hot.

Keep shooting.

2 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

I'm hoping to participate next year (just too much stuff going on right now). Did you know Scott Kelby is from right here in Lakeland? Heh!

What do you mean you're not saying which one you are in the photo? Inquiring minds want to know!

Cool-looking building!

Craig Lee said...

Of course, you don't have to wait until next year to have a photowalk. Get some friends together with your cameras and you have a photowalk. ;-)

I did know that Scott Kelby is in the Tampa area. I thought that Lakeland is a little further inland.