Tuesday, January 20, 2009

By the Dashboard Lights

By the Dashboard Lights
We went to the South Carolina Auto Show this weekend. It was in the same venue which is a huge, dark hall with the cars lit by harsh spot lights. There were even more people there than last year, probably because it wasn't snowing this year. It was kind of hard to get good shots of the cars so I settled with photographing interesting details. Still, there were some nice exotic cars (Lotuses, Mazaratis, Aston Martins, Ferraris, etc.), cool customized cars, and memorable classics as well as the new models that the manufacturers had on display.

The photograph above was taken as I sat in a really nice Lexus. I liked the graphic qualities of the dashboard. Very clean yet striking. I used my flash mounted to the camera but angled it away from the dash and used it's small integrated bounce card. I think it gives just enough highlights to give some nice definition to the curves in the instrumentation. I cropped it a tad and boosted the color just a smidge.

Keep shooting.

No comments: