Thursday, December 17, 2009

Some Links

There hasn't been much going on around here because of the upcoming holidays. My son has had a couple of things, but I don't think anyone really wants to see pictures of those. Well, to be honest I'm not really happy with the pictures that I took and assume that people won't want to just see some snapshots.

One thing that I haven't done in a long time is post links to some of the other blogs that I read. I've found a few that I enjoy since the last time I posted the links. These are all sites that I visit and read.

First up is Scott Diussa's blog. Scott works for Nikon, but he doesn't talk much shop on his blog. Instead he posts some wonderful photography from some of the interesting places that he gets to travel to with his job. Places like the recent launch of the space shuttle Atlantis from closer than most people ever get to see them. My favorites are from his recent visit to Walhalla, South Carolina. He was visiting family, and it is kind of local to where I live. Actually I went to college not far from there and was thrilled to see his photographs which capture some of the beauty of the area. He is also a musician and concert photographer. On top of all of that, he also posts good photography tips and guides.

Next is a commercial photographer Ian Curcio. Great images on his site from someone that really seems to enjoy what he does.

Scott Hargis is a San Francisco area photographer whom I discovered through the Photography for Real Estate website and Flickr discussion group.

That was two links in one and what's up with all of the Scotts? Scott Disussa, Scott Kelby, Scott Hargis. There are a couple of other photographers named Scott who's blogs I read. Hmmmm.

Finally is Jim Richardson. He shoots assignments for National Geographic and other such publications. He has recently redesigned and reemphasized his site. Needless to say another awesome photographer ... guess I said it anyway but he is.

And as an extra link I am throwing in What the Duck. This is photography related comic strip where all of the photographers are ducks and you never see the humans' faces. It is a fun take on the trials and tribulations of professional and amateur photographers.

That is it for today.

Keep shooting.

No comments: