Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blogging Blahs

Sunset on Lake Moultrie

I know that the posts have been sparse this week. I've just been in a bit of funk and haven't had anything to say. Sorry, I know that makes be a bad blogger. Hope to have something soon ... I hope.

Anyway, the above photograph was taken this past Spring at Lake Moultrie near Charleston, SC. It was the first time I had actually gotten to shoot a sunset. I used a graduated, neutral density filter to even out the exposures between the sky and the foreground. It was also the first time that I had used that filter. I think it turned out really well. I was pleased with several of the shots I got of the sunset. The sky certainly was agreeable and gave use plenty of nice colors and clouds for texture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charleston you say? You should try to get a sunset over the Ravenel Bridge. The old one looked better, but I like old stuff.

Craig Lee said...

Yeah, my sister lives just outside of there near Lake Moultrie. I haven't been to downtown Charleston since before the started building the new bridge. We will probably be down there in January when my son's Cub Scout pack is camping for a weekend on the Yorktown. I hope to be able to get some sunrise/sunset shots from the flight deck or the fantail.